December 18, 2013

week seventeen

oh why hello there little baby belly! you have finally (slowly) decided to come out a little bit. showing my husband my belly over facetime last night, i could see the amazement in his eyes on just how much my belly has grown in a couple weeks. even though he doesn't get to see it in person, it was so fun to see his reaction.

other than that, i spent time with some dear friends and it was great to catch up. and i am thankful for lazy sundays. i didn't leave house at all and curled up on the couch with Harlee and took two or maybe even three naps. listened to the Packer game, as my TV box doesn't get channel 11 for some odd (depressing) reason.

it's crazy to think our little one is in fact a he or a she now, and i'm becoming more and more terrified having to listen to other mom's describe how painful breastfeeding is, how the kicks are cute at first and then painful towards the end when they kick you in the ribs and what not, and blah blah blah. to be honest, i don't want to listen and don't want to hear. if i did, i'd ask a million questions, but this momma just likes to keep things to herself and didn't ask for those opinions. and i know it's going to be even harder to avoid the closer i get to the end of this pregnancy. it's gonna suck. for me, i think it's more comfortable going in blind and not knowing what to expect because then people build things to be more than maybe what they really will be. it's not fun for me to hear/listen to. sorry. i wish i could just block out everything that has and will be said to me. if only.

apparently i have been very on-edge lately about talking about anything pregnancy and baby-related, and i have a feeling it's not going to let up anytime soon. apologizes ahead of time folks. i may just give the excuse that slowly the reality of my husband not being here for any of it, or after the baby comes, and missing EVERYTHING is actually going to happen. it makes me a bit bitter that he can't share in these and those moments. ladies be grateful to have your husband home with you every day or maybe every week if that's the case. know that you are lucky to have someone there who can comfort you and be there for you. not having mine around is starting to get to me. slowly.

15 comments:

  1. oh gosh, i remember hearing those things all the time. other moms suddenly feel the need to share all these terrifying experiences. especially as you are on your first, and the fear of everything has your mind reeling in worry and fear on the regular (at least i did!). i wanted to yell at them to shut up and "why on earth are you telling me this?!" honestly though, every single situation is completely unique, and all the crazy they tell you will be a completely different experience for you, so as best, take what you hear with a grain of salt. enjoy it all as you can. i'm sorry to hear your husband will be gone, but from what i've seen, what a sweet guy to be as much apart of it as he can. it will be a great time for you to spend documenting what you can, and will be fantastic for you two to look back on! best of luck my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I can't imagine doing it without my husband around. I'm sorry you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bump popping out is so cute! :) I wish I could find a way to keep him there with you :( I have a feeling that at some point I will have to deal with this too. I'm always here if you want to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that baby belly! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello baby! I have a feeling that when I get pregnant, I will be the exact same way in terms of hearing other stories.

    Knowing how I feel about my husband being gone, I can only imagine that it is twice as hard for you because of everything you are going through. Let's hope 2014 goes by quickly (and safely)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh look at that belly!! LOVE it. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even imagine not having my husband with me. Even if I wasn't prego. I will be praying for you!
    Also, I am with you on that advice you really don't want. I hate it when people act like it's such a burden and how awful it is to be pregnant. I told my husband from before we were even prego that I would enjoy every moment on this pregnancy. And I am! I am thrilled to be starting my family (finally) and I am enjoying every stage!
    I hope that your pregnancy continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped listening to the horror stories. For some reason, women only think of the horrible stories to tell other pregnant women. Just remember it's different for everyone.
    I didn't have my husband home for the birth of our second child and he missed the first 6 months of her life. I'm not going to lie, I was bitter and sad that he missed so much. He is making up for lost time now and they have the most amazing bond. Let me know if you need anything, even if it's just an ear to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and you look great!! I am a new follower expecting my first baby as well!! So I hear ya on how the conversations are now centred around baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. keep your head up! and every pregnancy is different, but not every pregnancy is "horrible" or "painful". just try to ignore what most people have to say about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your reasons for not listening to the horror stories are the EXACT same reasons I have for telling women to run (not walk) away from the "What To Expect" books. They. are. horrible. Also, right before I had Sam, my neighbor (who already had a child), told me that she once had a neighbor's cousin's best friend's aunt's ex-husband's third cousin that gave birth naturally (my plan) and "she ripped all the way to her butthole and had to sit on a donut for months." Why, thank you kind neighbor! Just the sort of story I'd love to hear as I'm preparing to birth a baby. Some folks have no filter! ;) And your baby bump is so cute. I was like a damn hippo by week 17.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry you've been having a hard time! every pregnancy is different though, hang in there - your belly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete