October 24, 2013

week nine

(written 10.21.13)

an on-going occurrence, even in the wee hours of the night, is snacking on a cracker to settle the "blah" feeling for another 15 minutes and waking up to crumbs all over the bed. i'm sure the husband is thankful he is not sleeping in our bed now. ha ha.

i'm still in slight denial, okay a lot of denial that i am even pregnant. i have grown a lot of "pudge" from constantly eating. i just feel like it's a never-ending recovery of a hangover that never seems to disappear fully. these next couple weeks can't come fast enough.

this weekend i went to a welcome home ceremony for some fellow army wives. these ceremonies are even better than a Christmas morning. seeing the anticipation, the tears, the smiles, the endless hugs. gets me every time. but reality set in, realizing that could be me, in that same position soon. crazy. and so i pushed those thoughts again to the back of my mind. no need to fret yet.

we continue to make holiday travel plans. my flight is booked for Thanksgiving and the lovely 20+ hour car ride to his grandparents house. i am excited for one thing though, lots of good Mexican food eats. mmm. and just being back in Texas with the warmer (let's hope) weather than up here in Wisconsin. fall is definitely here. time to break out those sweaters.

10 comments:

  1. I'm in Texas! And congrats on the baby! so exciting, I bet it is a whole new world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that is such a good way to describe it! It really is like a hangover that never goes away! Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're almost caught up!! And your homecoming will be so much sweeter because you'll have a baby waiting to meet Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooof I must admit...I do NOT look forward to pregnancy for that one reason alone. I don't deal well with sickness and nausea. You seem to be taking it in stride though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're able to travel!! We had to cancel our Thanksgiving trip because the drive would be too long for me. Hope you're feeling great by then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest thing, and I love the way you write, you express yourself so well!
    http://haileycheyanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE welcome home ceremonies. They are the best. And yes, I cry every time, especially when I'm going through a deployment and I think about my reunion. Stay strong, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you, but I'm sad that your not feeling the best! A few weeks later you'll feel 100% better, so hopefully that comes sooner than later! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture!! and I hope your feeling better, just a few more weeks and you'll be golden! ;)

    ReplyDelete